1..2..3.. Go.

Here's the deal: You're going to grow your hair long and sing about all the things you've missed out on. I'm going to forget how to love myself and as a result, everyone else. I'm going to drink myself into oblivion and take the road more traveled, the road to destruction. I'll be halfway gone before I even know what's hit me.

We will lock eyes in a crowded club and even in my drunken stupor, I'll know that you're going to be the one to save me. You'll sing my name and make me remember that the beautiful things in life don't reside at the bottom of a bottle. I'll finally decide to let love have me, just as your band hits it big. My dreams of happily ever after will be washed away in a heartbeat, and I'll turn to my most reliable "friend" to drown my sorrows. You will find me too far gone, and tell me that it was never supposed to go this way. You have a ring in your pocket and I was going to come with you, silly. It was all going to be okay. But hospital rooms are bad places for proposals and happily ever after seems very far away and that warm, nice light is just so close.

Three minutes of flat lines and goodbyes are three minutes of perfect clarity, and you are the only thing I ever wanted. Your tears are my new life and my eyelids flutter open, I am desperate to see you face. And everything is okay, except everything that isn't. But that doesn't matter now, because all you have to do is kiss me now, and everything will go away.

Does this sound as good to you as it does to me? 'Cause it will only work if you believe.

0 comments: